Jackson County Farm Bureau scholarship 2015
JACKSON COUNTY FARM BUREAU
Ron Bjork, President 541 830-8000
2960 Brownsboro Hwy, Eagle Point, Or. 97524
Scholarship applications must be received or postmarked by May 15th, 2015. the applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee and applicants will be selected. You will be notified by mail or phone call and winners will be announced at the Spring Fair. The checks and certificates will be handed out at the Spring Fair, if you cannot attend, please let us know so we can send your check to you.
APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE RETURNED TO :
2960 Brownsboro Hwy
Eagle Point, Or. 97524
Attention: scholarship committee
or call 541-830-8000 if other arrangements are needed.
scholarship application for Jackson County Farm Bureau
The Jackson County Farm Bureau Scholarship is made available to any person preparing to enter a junior college or university within Oregon, California, Washington, Idaho and Nevada, in a major area which benefits agriculture.
The scholarships are awarded to students based on scholarship achievement, leadership, and a perceived ability to contribute to the community. The amount is left up to the scholarship committee to determine.
This application must be completed in full and postmarked on or before March 18, 2104 to be considered by the Jackson County Farm Bureau Scholarship Committee.
A sealed transcript of each high school and/or college (and any institute of higher learning) junior college and/or college attended, must accompany this application.
Two letters of recommendation must be included with this application.
Complete the following information:
1. Name in full___________________________________________________________
2. Home mailing address:___________________________________________________
3. Student school address_________________________________________________
4. Applicant will apply to enter (institute of higher learning)________________________________________________________________________
5. To pursue the following major course of study_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
6. Father’s /guardian’s name_________________________________________________
7. Mother’s (Guardian’s name_______________________________________________
8. High school, junior colleges, and colleges attended with dates of attendance and graduation (including your present school). Do not include single course or class studies, e. g. night school.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
9. High school GPA______junior college GPA______4-year college GPA_______
10. Your college standing for September 2014. Freshman_____Sophomore_____ junior______Senior_______
11. list school, citizenship and scholastic activities in which you have participated. be sure to include agriculture related activities:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
12. list involvement in community activities and services in which you have participates:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Letters of recommendation: two letters of recommendation must be included referencing applicant’s attitudes to succeed in furthering his/her educational endeavors.
on an additional page please:
write a short handwritten autobiography including how you became interested in agriculture;
describe briefly any work and or volunteer experiences in which you have been involved.
Explain how this scholarship will help you.
applicant agrees that if he/she is selected for a scholarship, applicant will attend the institute listed and will pursue the major course of study listed above for the duration of the academic year.
Dated this____________day of_________________, 2015